The Cavanaugh Council of the President's Circle
Insight and Outlook: On National and Global Affairs
As event details become available, information will be sent to all President’s Circle members.
Speakers for the symposium will include national leaders offering insight on foreign and domestic political and economic issues. Speakers currently confirmed include:
- Jason Furman, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers
- General Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Marco Rubio, Republican Senator from Florida
- Ron Dermer, Israeli Ambassador to the United States
- Adel bin Ahmed Al-Jubeir, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States
- Journalist Panel Discussion moderated by political commentator Mark Shields
- Ebrahim Moosa, Professor of Islamic Studies, University of Notre Dame
*Please note that program content is subject to change based on speakers’ schedules.
The symposium will begin with our Cavanaugh Council luncheon at 12 noon on Monday, April 13, 2015. Sessions will continue at select venues throughout the day and evening on Tuesday, April 14, 2015, concluding by 10:00 p.m.
Please have a photo ID with you at all times as it may be required for entrance to secure venues.
Business attire is recommended for all events. Please see below to RSVP.
Fill out my online form.
Hotel & Travel
A limited number of rooms are available at
The Ritz Carlton, Washington, D.C.
1150 22nd Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20037
In order to secure a room in the Notre Dame block please make your hotel reservations online via the website at www.ritzcarlton.com/washingtondc using the group code “UNDUNDA.” You can also make reservations via the telephone by calling 1-800-241-3333 and referencing “University of Notre Dame Meeting” and the specific dates.
Please make your reservations by March 9, 2015. Rooms cannot be guaranteed after this date; guests are responsible for costs associated with cancellations or changes made after this date.
The room rate for April 13 and 14 is $459 per night plus applicable occupancy and sales tax.
- Check-in time: 3:00 p.m.
- Check-out time: 12:00 p.m.
Transportation provided from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel to all off-site venues.
For any questions about this event, please contact Shelby Carroll at 574-631-5168 or email@example.com
Approximate Time to Local Airports
- 15 minutes: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- 35 minutes: Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- 50 minutes: Baltimore/Washington International Airport (BWI)
Washington, D.C. is on Eastern Daylight Saving Time